Image Tim Bean Photography
We Love Craft and Design.
Meet the team
Working days: Monday - Friday
Working days: Tuesday - Friday
Moraig McKenna has worked in public programs and visitor engagement for the last 15 years. She has lectured in ceramics at tertiary institutions including the ANU and the Australian Catholic University. She has an established career as a ceramic artist her work has been exhibited internationally including in China, Korea, USA and around Australia. She has work in the collection of The Canberra Museum and Gallery. 5 fun facts about Moraig:
1. Born in Scotland
2. Owns a cemetery
3. Won Mug of the year in 2022.
4. Loves Asian ceramics
5. All her clothes are olive green.
Working days: Monday - Thursday
Working days: Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday & Friday
Christian is relatively new to the Canberra art scene but has previously worked internationally across the creative and cultural sectors. Christian is a curator, anthropologist, and researcher, who's work revolves around experimental ethnographies, multisensory and arts-based methodologies, and curatorial practice as a means of cultural documentation and conservation. 5 fun facts about Christian:
1. Likes long walks on the beach.
2. Is the resident office plant dad.
3. Is currently doing his PhD in Cultural Geography.
4. Recently moved to Australia from the Netherlands.
5. Did his undergraduate degree in music and is a trained jazz musician.
Working days: Tuesday - Friday
1. Has been knitting since before she can remember.
2. Loves textile design especially screen printing
3. Collects vintage and retro knitting and sewing patterns
4. Lived in California for six sun kissed years
5. Loves sci-fi movies and books
Working days: Monday | Wednesday | Half Day Thursday + Friday
1. Is a raging hobby collector.
2. Born and raised in London.
3. Plays lots and lots of field hockey.
4. Has been learning Mandarin since she was 11.
5. An emerging artist practicing in ceramics and textiles.
Working days: Monday | Tuesday | Thursday
2. 'Where the forest meets the sea' by Jeannie Baker is my favourite children's book and still the only thing I've ever read.
3. Building and nurturing fires is the best self-care
4. Everything about Polystyrene makes me feel ill
5. The all-time best nickname someone has made for me is 'Evie Nicks'
Working days: Wednesday - Friday
Waratah Lahy is an artist known for her ability to capture the beauty and humour of everyday moments through painting and drawing. Her work is inspired by observations of daily life and regularly feature scenes from her neighbourhood as well as other urban scenes and landscapes. Waratah is represented by Beaver Galleries, Canberra. Waratah has worked as a casual lecturer in painting and drawing at the Australian National University School of Art & Design for over 15 years. She also works as the Gallery Manager for the Mixing Room Gallery at Thor’s Hammer, curating and organising exhibitions with an environment focus.
5 fun facts about Waratah
1. Collects colourful dresses and plastic brooches
2. Finally got her driving license after being on her Ls for 20+ years
3. Is a practicing artist
4. Has a Doctor of Philosophy of Visual Arts
5. Loves reading and always has a book (or 3) on the go.